How to selected the right jacket for you
1. Identify your price range
A high-end leather jacket can be quite expensive, with some experts even saying that you should not buy a leather jacket that costs less than $500. There are options like faux and vegan leather that provide the same look without costing as much, with some attractive alternatives under $100.
2. Determine the best type of leather for you.
Most leather jackets are fashion pieces, though leather can also be thick and wind resistant. While leather made from cows can be stiffer and firmer, fashion leather is often made of lamb or sheep skin and thus is more delicate.
- You may decide to opt for faux leather or vegan leather for either cost or ethical reasons.
3. Decide on decorative features.
4. Select the right size
Many people like their leather jacket to fit more snug. If you want to pair your jacket with a sleek outfits, some experts even suggest selecting a jacket that is a size smaller than what you normally wear.
- If you want to layer bulkier items under your jacket, make sure that your jacket is a big enough to do so comfortably.
- It is important for your jacket to fit well around your arms and shoulders, so it should look trim and fitted but not so tight that it restricts your movement.
- If you buy real leather, you might want to buy a more snug fit since leather can stretch over time.
Wearing Your Jacket Casually
1.Pair it with jeans to liven up your everyday wardrobe.
This is an iconic look, and is a go-to if you want to look both stylish and casual. This really is a timeless template for an outfit, because you could pair it with ripped jeans and look more punk rock and androgynous, but with jewelry and a purse it can look more feminine.
- Wear it with a t-shirt and a looser style of pants like boyfriend jeans if you want to look extra casual.
- Pair your jacket with skinny jeans, a tight t-shirt, and tennis shoes for a cute everyday outfit.
2. Wear your jacket with combat boots for a punk rock look.
3. Layer it with a hoodie to give your casual style a rebellious vibe.
Because leather jackets are not the best cold weather choice, layering your jacket can make your jacket warmer on those cool fall days. It is also a great casual outfit to wear if you are running errands or catching lunch with a friend.
- When also paired with combat boots and a band t-shirt this can be a very punk rock look.
Drape it over your shoulders as a statement piece
A draped leather jacket is an equally casual alternative to layering. This look is great for warmer days where you still want your jacket as an accessory piece. It is a great out-and-about option.
- If you’re draping your jacket over your shoulders, it is best paired a tighter layer like a t-shirt or a tank top. Anything bigger would make the jacket look bulky.
5. Dress up your leisure wear.
Pairing a leather jacket with leggings and tennis shoes is a great way to dress up your casual wear. While you might be skeptical about wearing your exercise attire to lunch, throwing a leather jacket over the ensemble makes it much hipper.
Dressing Your Jacket Up
1. Put it over a dress or skirt to make your going-out style more chic.
A black leather jacket can make a feminine outfit feel more edgy, or it can soften your jacket. Because a leather jacket is classically stylish, it does not make the ensemble feel too casual when paired with the right accessories.
- Different types of skirts will give your outfit a different vibe. A pencil skirt is more sleek, while a leather jacket with a short pleated skirt can make you look alternative and cute.
2. Wear it with brightly colored pants to look bold.
Black leather jackets are such a classic closet item, so it is unexpectedly cool to make your leather jacket more subtle by wearing it alongside a loud statement piece. You can find a patterned pair, or just opt for a bright color.
3.Wear it to work to modernize your business attire.
While a leather jacket might not fit in every work environment, it can be incorporated into a casual or business casual wardrobe. It is a great way to look professional while remaining modern and chic.
- A good work option would be a leather jacket over a button-down shirt and pencil skirt.
- A close-fitting leather jacket can look like a blazer, and would be a great work option over a cute blouse.
Accessorizing Your Jacket
Leave it on under a wool coat for a sophisticated look.
When you want to wear your leather jacket on a cooler day, you can opt to layer with with a coat. Under the right wool or pea coat, your jacket will look like part of a well-crafted outfit and not a functional choice.
2. Put on some red lipstick to look edgy and classic.
Red lipstick and black leather jackets are both classic outfit staples. Pairing both of these together can give your leather jacket a softer and more feminine feel.
- This style can look very alternative when you wear a black leather jacket, jeans, and tennis shoes
3. Drape a scarf over it for both style and warmth.
While your black leather jacket might often feel like the statement piece of your outfit, with the right scarf you can give your jacket a pop of color. It might also serve a functional purpose in brisk fall weather.